Mary Kennedy's Colorful Summer Dress

Reader Jerry Roberts sent us these adorable photos of her granddaughter Mary Kennedy wearing her colorful new summer dress! Jerry used a new pattern, "Irby" from SB designer Sara Norris. Jerry tells us,
I used two coordinating quilter’s cottons and chose to bind the overdress with orange polka dots to enhance that complementary medium turquoise which was the main color of the coordinates. Rather than smock the overdress, I just gathered it along with the underdress and bound them according to pattern instructions. Sara is one of my favorite designers, so I was excited to see this new pattern she has just released!
This is the kind of dress I would have called a "rounder" when I was a little girl - it's perfect for spinning round and round! Visit to purchase either a printed or downloadable pattern for the "Irby" dress in size 2-8. Thanks for sharing with us, Jerry!