Laurie's Surprise Sewing Room


Today we have an extraordinary sewing room to share with you from one of our readers, Laurie Guidry. Lucky Laurie attended our February School of Art Fashion earlier this month, and when she returned home, she had a beautifully redecorated and organized sewing room! Drool over her space with us - it is sure to be a bustling hive of inspiration and creativity for Laurie from now on.


Laurie tells us:
When I went to School of Art Fashion in Huntsville, my niece and her mom, my sister-in-law, completely redecorated and organized my sewing room. What I had before was a jumbled mess of hand-me down furniture, stacks and stacks of fabric, boxes of mixed up laces and other trims. Add to that my patterns, my Sew Beautiful magazines and Martha Pullen books and what I had was one huge mess!!

When I got home, I felt like I was on one of those decorating TV shows and had won! I love my room. It is a beautiful soothing color and all of my fabrics folded and color sorted look like an amazing piece of art. My niece is very gifted in design and my sister-in-law is the organization queen. What a blessed month February was. A full week with all of my sewing family at the Martha Pullen School of Art Fashion, then to come home to such a beautiful sewing studio. It doesn't get much better than that!! I wonder if I go to Huntsville again this summer is the design & organization fairies will come and redo the rest of my home....probably not, but it's a fun thought.


Enjoy your gorgeous space, Laurie – and happy sewing!

Do you have a beautiful sewing room you'd like to share with us? Send your pictures to blog@sewbeautifulmag.com.