|Stitch Craft Create Gifts 2013|
|Garter Mug Cozies (left) and Pretty Storage Pocket|
|Men's Custom Tie|
|Bath Time Buddies (left) and Modern Stars and Stripes & Square Jack Pillow|
|Girl's Weekend at the Lake Quilt (left) and Garden Baby Bib|
• Set of table napkins: Use several fabrics from your stash that play well together. Cut, hem tie with a ribbon and you're done.
• Set of placemats: Same drill as with the napkins. You may want to line the mats to make them more substantial.
• Journal covers: Purchase journals and make fun covers for them.
• iPad/iPod/iPhone padded cases: Pad a case with washable batting and hand-stitch it sashiko-style.
• Pillows: Stamp, paint or stencil a design on canvas, then stitch the fabric into rounds, squares or bolsters.
• Throws: How about denim for the outer layer and a cozy lining of soft flannel?
• Basket: Make an outer cover and/or lining for a purchased basket. If you have time, sewing fabric strips together makes a unique quilted basket.
• Cuff/wristlets: Quick, but oh-so-fashionable. Denim scraps are great for a base.
• Canvas dog chew: Really simple! Cut and sew a bone shape, stuff and stitch. (A small, catnip-filled mouse is just right for a cat.)
• Pet collars: Only fabric scraps required. Embellish with ribbon and rickrack.
• Children's pajama bags: How about a cat's head with a flap in back to hang on the closet door?
• Child's superhero cape: Appliqué a super-sized first initial for the hero!
• Sleep masks: Fill with a restful herb mix.
• Sewing-machine cover: For your friend who hasn't discovered the dangers of dust.
• Chef's apron: Perfect for your grillster.
• Pot holders: Everyone needs more of these.
• Holiday ornaments: Stuff and stitch shapes, adding a ribbon to hang.
For more great gift ideas, be sure to check out Stitch Craft Create Gifts 2013. Inside are tutorials for 50+ homemade gifts. With projects involving sewing, paper, jewelry, yarn and more, this will be your go-to issue to inspire a perfect gift for everyone on your list.
Sew On, Sew Well, Sew Beautiful,
Cyndi and Amelia